The City of Cle Elum has received federal CARES funding from the Washington State Department of Commerce to assist small businesses and individuals adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The city council is committing up to $50,000 to the COVID-19 Small Business Grant Fund, an emergency fund that provides working capital grants in amounts up to $5,000 to qualifying for-profit small businesses. Businesses who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Locally owned and managed with local decision-making authority
- Have a current City of Cle Elum business license at the time of the grant award
- Been in business for at least one year from the date of application
- Priority is given to businesses with 10 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees
- Ability to demonstrate loss of income due to COVID-19
If you answered YES to all the above, your business may qualify.
You can use the grant funds for extra costs incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for example:
- Payment of costs of business interruption caused by required closures
- Payment of unemployment insurance costs related to the COVID-19 public health emergency if such costs will not be reimbursed by the federal government
- Payments for any other COVID-19-related expenses reasonably necessary to the function incurred between March 1, 2020, and August 31, 2020
Please fill out the application below. Applications are due by 5:00pm on June 30, 2020.
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest. We plan to announce grant awards the week of July 13.